Christmas is (almost) a forgotten memory, and thoughts are turning towards spring & you’re wondering what that has got to do with conservatory flooring?
Lighter nights, warmer days and enjoying downtime in a conservatory that just feels ‘nice’, especially if you can open the doors and look out into the garden.
The flooring you choose for your conservatory is a huge part of creating that ambience. QCF Bournemouth has a huge range of flooring to help you set the right tone whilst also maintaining practicality when the conservatory is used as an必利勁
office or playroom.
Which Conservatory Flooring Should You Choose?
Whether you go for carpet, vinyl or LVT (Luxury Vinyl Tiles) for your conservatory floor covering, you need to make sure that:
- you’re totally happy with any choice you make because it’ll be part of the furniture, so to speak, for a long time
- the product can cope with the amount of traffic it’ll be subjected to on a regular basis.
- it is easy to keep clean or maintain, especially if your conservatory leads into your garden, you have children, or you’re going to use it as a dining area. Accidents happen, and you don’t want your lovely new flooring ruined.
- consider environmental factors like heat, sunlight, and humidity because warping, lifting, and the like are something that you’ll never want to see.
- you do your research and seek advice from people in the know – that would be us, the nice people at QCF Bournemouth!
Carpet in a Conservatory?
Carpet can be conservatory flooring with minimal issues. Just make sure that you follow your normal carpet care routine, as carpet can trap dust, debris and dirt. In the winter, a carpeted conservatory would be a nice toasty place to be, but what about in the summer?
A carpet will trap and hold heat, potentially making the area uncomfortable to use during the hottest months of the year, so think carefully about how you’ll utilise your conservatory space for the whole year.
Vinyl or LVT for your Conservatory
We think that modern vinyl conservatory flooring or LVT (luxury vinyl tiles) are fantastic products. Vinyl tended to have a bad reputation based on the early products.
No longer! Fitted properly (by our expert fitters at QCF, of course), vinyl flooring can feel as luxurious underfoot as a carpet – just be mindful that some vinyl flooring will fade because of exposure to sunlight, especially cheaper options.
Our advice is to
- seek recommendations.
- buy the best product you can for your budget.
- consider investing in shutters or blinds. This will also help to keep the conservatory area cool in summer and warmer in the winter.
- finally, make sure competent people properly fit your vinyl flooring or LVT. Did we mention our lovely fitters?
If you decide that you want vinyl or luxury vinyl tiles and you must have some carpet, consider a rug or runner that complements the conservatory flooring product that you choose.
Whichever way you use your conservatory, we at QCF have flooring that’s perfect for it.
Come and visit us at our showroom on Christchurch Road, Bournemouth. and say hello to our friendly, knowledgeable staff, who will help you choose the perfect flooring for your conservatory.